I believe many people know that 304 material is generally used in some household appliances or water cups. It has excellent corrosion resistance and is safe. There are usually two types of 304 stainless tubing on the market. One is thick-walled and the other is thin-walled. Apart from the differences visible from the exterior, there are many differences. Let's take a look.
Thick-walled 304 stainless tubing:
(1) The outer diameter of 304 ss plate is small.
(2) It has high precision and can be produced in small batches.
(3) The finished product has high precision and good surface quality.
(4) The cross-sectional area is complex.
(5) The performance is good, and the metal is relatively dense.
(6) It is often used in pipelines where the corrosion is strong and the pressure is high.
Features of thin-walled 304 stainless tubing:
(1) It has a smooth inner wall, no scaling, and low water resistance.
(2) It has good hygienic performance.
(3) It is not rusted and corrosion resistant.
(4) Good thermal insulation performance: The thermal resistance of stainless steel is 25 times that of copper pipes and 4 times that of carbon steel pipes, and the heat loss is very small, especially suitable for hot water transportation.
(5) The production of stainless steel thin-walled pipes for stainless steel factory can save maintenance and reduce costs.
Thick-walled 304 stainless tubing has good corrosion resistance, heat resistance, low temperature strength and mechanical properties. It is suitable for food processing, storage and transportation, and has good processability and weldability. It is suitable for plate heat exchangers, corrugated pipes, household goods, building materials, chemical, food industries, etc. 304 thin-walled stainless steel pipes are widely used in home decoration, construction site construction, gas systems and other projects.
I believe that through the above introduction, you must be very clear about the difference between these two kinds of pipes. If you have further questions, you can contact Goldpro Metal Products.