Stainless steel refers to steel that is resistant to weak corrosive media such as air, steam, and water, and chemically corrosive media such as acid, alkali, and salt, also known as stainless acid-resistant steel. In practical applications, the steel that is resistant to weak corrosive media is often called stainless steel, and the steel that is resistant to chemical media corrosion is called acid-resistant steel. Since there are many examples of stainless steels of different steel grades that can be used interchangeably in the same fields, people always ask which is better between 430 stainless steel and 304 stainless steel? The ss sheet price varies depending on the following features.
(1) Corrosion resistance: 430 stainless steel contains 16.00-18.00% chromium and basically does not contain nickel metal. 304 stainless steel contains a lot of chromium and nickel, so the corrosion resistance of 430 stainless steel is not as good as that of 304 stainless steel.
(2) Stable performance: 430 stainless steel is in the form of ferrite, and 304 stainless steel is in the form of austenite. 304 stainless steel is more stable than 430 stainless steel.
(3) Toughness: 304 stainless steel has strong toughness, which is stronger than that of 430 stainless steel.
(4) Thermal conductivity: The ferrite of 430 stainless steel has better thermal conductivity than the austenite of 304 stainless steel.
(5) Mechanical properties: 430 stainless steel is added with a stable chemical element titanium, and the mechanical properties of the weld seam are better than 304 stainless steel.
430 stainless steel application areas:
(1) 430 stainless steel is mainly used for architectural decoration, fuel burner parts, household appliances, and home appliance parts.
(2) The steel grade 430F with free cutting performance is added to the 430 steel, which is mainly used for automatic lathes, bolts and nuts, etc.
(3) Adding Ti or Nb to 430 steel and reducing the C content becomes 430LX, which improves the processing performance and welding performance of 430 steel. It is mainly used in hot water tanks, hot water supply systems, sanitary appliances, household durable appliances, bicycle flywheels, etc.
304 stainless steel application areas:
(1) 304 stainless steel has the characteristics of high temperature resistance, good processing performance and high toughness, and is widely used in industry, furniture decoration industry and food and medical industry.
(2) 304 stainless steel has strong corrosion resistance and is widely used in the production of equipment and parts that require good comprehensive properties (corrosion resistance and formability).
430 stainless steel has good thermal conductivity and mechanical properties. For building decoration, fuel burner parts, household appliances, home appliance parts and other fields, 430 stainless steel is better. The 304 stainless steel has strong toughness and corrosion resistance. 304 stainless steel is better in industries that require corrosion resistance, such as industrial and food medical.